Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Prep

The evening before Thanksgiving and someone in this building is roasting a Turkey. It smells really good. I'll be eating Delta Snacks as I travel to Florida tomorrow. It's definitely worth it though. I am looking forward to spending time with my Mother and seeing a couple of friends. I am thankful that I am able to get away for the weekend. There are so many things I am grateful for.
  1. I am grateful that I am working form AACN. This is the opportunity of a lifetime and I am having a great time. I hope that I will be able to make a contribution to critical care nursing.
  2. I am grateful for my mother. I love that we are such great friends. She is such a great support to me. I love her very much.
  3. My brother Jon. I know I don't see him very much or talk to him very much. In my life, he made it possible for me to be alive today. I know that he doesn't like to let it get out but he has a big heart and I am grateful.
  4. My brother Steve. I don't see him as often as I like but I know he's there just in case.
  5. My brother Jim. He has always been so accepting of me. He is a good brother, son and father. He puts family first and is a just a great guy. He has a great sense of humor and is very smart with computers.
  6. My sister Heather. Over the years, we have had our sisterly issues but through it all, she has been my sister. She has been a huge support to me over the past several years and I am so grateful for that. She will never know how many times she calls at just the right time. She is a wonderful Mom.
  7. Matt, my brother-in-law, who, no matter what, has always been very accepting of me and welcoming to me. He is a formidable opponent at Scrabble, Scattergories and Uno, but he is always willing to let me think I might be able to win. I love that.
  8. My nieces and nephews. From Alex, who is so talented and smart. Nicole who is quiet and beautiful and smart. Chris, who is fearless, funny and smart. Katherine, who is beautiful, smart and a teenager (YIKES!) Ashley, funny, open, and smart. Ean who is talented, loving, insightful, smart, funny and wise. Kighla, who is friendly, gregarious, funny, loving, sensitive, talented, and smart.
  9. My cousin who has been so generous with opening up her home to me when I was in need. She is fun to hang out with and she'll go to the movies with me.
  10. My cat, Misty. She is always so happy to see me while letting me know that I really haven't been quite as attentive as I should have been. I love that she sometimes thinks I am another cat.
  11. My friends at work. I am thankful for Pam, Lee and Luke who have become foster parents to Misty when I go out of town. I am thankful for Linda for being the foster aunt to Misty.

I think I need to stop there.....the list is no where near complete but I haven't packed yet and it's 8:30 pm.

I am loving this new beta version of blogger. It is easy peasy to make changes to the template and layout of the page. I'm sold.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you are with people you love.

No comments: