Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas Magic

Feel free to copy and paste, change the answers and send by email to your friends or post on your blog:

NAME: Mary Pat
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa leaves the unwrapped gifts in the same room as the tree. There were always too many of us for the gifts to go under the tree. He was very organized and would put our stockings on top of the pile of our presents so we knew what belonged to us.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? The tree goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I loved it when my grandparents would arrive for the Christmas holiday and we would help them get all the wrapped gifts out of the trunk of the car and put them under the tree.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. It started when I was a kid that we would only open gifts from the Aunts and Uncles on Christmas Eve. Over time, it progressed to opening all the wrapped gifts on Christmas Eve and the stockings and gifts from Santa would appear on Christmas morning. Later I found out that my Dad was the instigator and the one who really wanted to open all the gifts.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, a little garland, and special, unique ornaments only....no icicles or tinsel

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Having lived in Florida and now Southern California for the past 16 years, I'm not so much a fan of the snow. I would like it for one day and then only if I was inside. I don't want to drive in it, scrape it off a windshield or get wet feet from walking in slushy snow.

12. Can you ice skate? No. I went once when I was a teenager. It took me 90 minutes to get around the rink once and that was it.....I hung up my skates forever...

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A couple of the more recent ones are a watercolor from my father and yarn that my nephew hand dyed.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I love spending the time with family, cooking, telling stories, opening gifts. I also really like that people are just a little nicer to each other at this time of year.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Having a really nice dinner on Christmas eve and then opening presents.

17. What tops your tree? A star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Most of the time, giving. But receiving is nice too.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night

20. Candy Canes... Yuck or Yum? I'm a little ambivalent about this one. If I'm going to have a candy cane it needs to be a regular red and white peppermint one.....no funky flavors or colors for me.

21. What is your favorite Christmas movie? Holiday Inn followed by Santa Claus: The Movie, Christmas in Connecticut and the original Natalie Wood version of Miracle on 34th Street.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Heather said...

#14...clearly you haven't been to mid town manhattan!!!