Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Observations.

As I sit on this airplane heading home to Ca. from Fl. I've been thinking about a few things.

  • What makes it okay for an adolescent girl, flying WITH her parents, to wear her ripped pajamas and scuffed up slippers on the plane? I realize that it’s possible that I'm being somewhat judgmental according to today's "live & let live" philosophy, but come on.....what's next? I also suppose she could be suffering from some sort of disabling disease caused by the odd earring (lip ring, nose ring, whatever) she has protruding from the space between her nose and lip. I suspect the metal used in the piercing jewelry is coated with some sort of biochemical agent that causes lapses in judgment. I think this has also affected the entire family because her brother's version of the disease causes him to lose weight at such an alarming rate that his pants fall down below his butt. I do hope that’s clean undies he's got on.
  • Texas has the measles. I took a picture....hopefully it will turn out.
  • Dogs are funny. I know they are just dogs and anthropomorphizing them only contributes to their misbehaving but I swear they know what's going on. Saturday, we had a nice dinner with Ellie. Ellie brought Molly (her Lhasa Apso) over. It was great. McGregor had a great time running and playing with Molly. Maggie was suffering from a few insecurities and jealousies. She doesn't do as well with playing with other dogs. She would rather sit on your lap. The pups were totally exhausted the next day. It was great.




  • California haircuts don't work well in Florida. My hair is longer now that it doesn't have to be subjected to humidity and a sweaty head. This did not bode well for me over the past 10 days. I would spend a lot of time blow drying it, only to have it frizz and curl and wilt. It was totally scary. I did not have the right product with me and if MacKenzie had had an opening Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday, it would have been all over. She didn’t and I'm headed back to the land of no humidity or sweaty heads.

  • I will not be moving back to Florida. Before I headed to Florida for the holiday, my old job became available. I seriously considered going back but, in the end, decided that I just couldn't do it. I am no longer willing to work in an UNhealthy work environment.

  • Getting home is nice. I had a fabulous time with my mother. At the same time, it's great to get back to my own shower, and my California hair.
I fell into a coma last night and lost my momentum on this.....(screw momentum, I forgot what else I wanted to say.)

I wish you a Happy, Healthy, Joy-filled 2007.

No comments: