Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lost Posts and Misty

Last week, while sitting in a hotel room in King of Prussia, PA, I spent quite a while typing a blog and I even had a picture......but when the picture started to load, it kept loading forever and ever and ever and I lost everything. I don't even remember what I was writing about at the time but I am going to move on now. With luck, this one will actually make it to publishing.

This is the story of how one person can become slightly insane about a cat......Last week I had to travel for work for the first time. I had made arrangements for Misty (remember her? Here's a picture just in case.)

Misty went to stay with a co-worker and her family. Her son really wants a pet and this was an opportunity to show his parents that he was responsible enough to care for a pet....PLUS he wants to by an iPod and is looking for ways to make the big bucks. So, Misty went to stay with this lovely family in a large house with stairs and more than one bedroom and people coming and going.....a family. Misty is a very social cat and loves having people around. She's not really a lap cat but she does like being in the same room with people. So, it was a nice place for her to be. Anyway, the son and the Dad really fell in love with Misty and want to get a cat if they could find one as cool as she is (I can tell you that just won't happen.) So, in my moment of insanity or estrogen deficiency or something, I thought maybe I was being very selfish where Misty was concerned an that she would be better off with a whole family. I had myself very convinced that this was what would be best for Misty. I talked with the Mom who told me I really should wait until I was a bit less tired to make that decision but that she would talk about it with her husband. I talked to

my Sister........

I talked to

my Mother.........

I talked to

my Cousin.....

and they all said the same thing. Are you crazy? You can't do that! Misty loves you....you are her human....

Sanity ruled.....estrogen kicked in......Misty's home. I'm happy.

1 comment:

into my 60s said...

I love it. That is so true to life. What brilliant people you talked to!!