Friday, February 09, 2007

Family!

Well, if you read my sister's post you have already heard the news.....

I have seven very funny, brillian, talented nieces and nephews. I don't get to see them too often but I do get to spread the news about them. From time to time you have read about allof them. This time one of my very talented, funny, brilliant nephews was accepted to both LaGuardia High School for the Performing Arts and the Beacon School in NYC. This is a HUGE deal. The competetion to get into LaGuardia is unbelievable as it is to the Beacon School. He will have exceptional opportunities regardless of which school he attends. I am very proud.

My Mom has done it again. Yes, she blew out her right knee. She will probably have to have surgery but we won't know anything until Monday. I have tried to make plans to travel to Fl., my brother has tried to send my SIL to help her but she is exerting her independence. We are all on hold until Monday. Unless I just can't stand it anymore and just go ahead and go despite what she says. It's the fine line of respecting her independence and wishes and doing what you know in your heart needs to be done.

This is my week to be reminded of the fact that I am a nurse. In addition to my Mom, my cousin had a bad bout of Migraine last night and needed to get to the ER. After she got some VERY good drugs in her, I left her on her couch this morning under the care of her very capable cat, Zoey. I'll be checking in on her later today.

For now, it's back to worrying.....oops, I mean work.

No comments: