Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What's Going On?


At the moment, I am writing this blog while live feed from Wimbledon is streaming in on my computer. I love watching Tennis. I have become such a big fan. This morning's completion of yesterday's Henman/Moya match was incredible. They stopped play last night because of dark in the 5th set at 5 all. They came back this morning and played the remainder of the set which Henman finally won 13-11 in the final set. WOW! It was fantastic. Henman Hill was packed. So much excitement for day two. I can only hope the rest of the tournament is as thrilling.

On to knitting news. About 6 weeks ago, I finished the Goddess top. At the time, I didn't have any pictures. The recipient of the top wore it to work the other day and now I have pics.

Here's some shots taken on the patio at our office.






I love this top. It was actually quite fun to make after all was said and done. I have discovered that I am a SLOW learner when it comes to knitting. I can read a pattern, understand the pattern, knit the pattern and realize that I really didn't get it at all. The other day I was knitting the back of a sweater and was doing the armhole shaping. I did it like I thought the pattern said and when all was said and done, I ended up with a neck opening that was about 2 inches wide....hmmmm.....something's wrong here. So, RIPPPPPPPP and out it came. I am now redoing the armholes and am bound and determined to get it right.


I am waiting for the first clue to the MysteryStole 3. It's from Melanie at Pinklemontwist and she says, "Starting June 29, I will post the first in a series of clues. Follow the clues (directions) and you'll have a finished lace stole at the end of the knitalong. This year's stole is not recommended for beginning lace knitters, but if you are comfortable with lace techniques and reading charts, you should be just fine. I will close the group to new members on July 6, so be sure to sign up soon!This year's stole will be made up of seven clues, being posted each Friday, starting June 29. The one exception I am planning on will be the Friday after the new Harry Potter book comes out. I will post July 20 (the book launch is July 21), and then wait 2 weeks so people can read the book and catch up on the Mystery Stole."


I am a little worried about the whole lace thing. I have knit my swatch about three different times. The latest was this morning. I think it's okay???? Maybe a size up on the needles????

Time will tell if I actually make it through this but it sounds like fun.


What do you think?
Better get back to work.....

1 comment:

into my 60s said...

Your lace is beautiful! My boss, who is a major knitter, is doing the same thing and loving it.

I'm interested in your knitting versus crochet theories. I spent a fair amount of time on the drive down here trying to figure out what works in crochet and what doesn't. I find the one hook thing fascinating.