Monday, August 03, 2009

Monday, Monday.....

As the song goes..."so good to me" but for me it was sort of bleh. I just couldn't get my head in the game today. I started the morning being late to two different meetings and then could just not get started. True to form though, about 1/2 hour before I left, I started to get into the swing of things. I wonder why this happens sometimes.

I recently read about a technique to keep you focused and productive in just 23 minutes of the day. You start out by spending 5 minutes in the morning thinking about and writing down the priorities for the day. Then hourly you do a process check to see how you are doing. You are supposed to set an alarm to remind you to check in. Then at the end of the day, you spend 5 minutes reviewing what you were able to accomplish during the day. I have been doing that for the last few days (including today) and most days I've been able to complete most of the things that are a priority. I just had a hard time creating my priority list for today.

As I was writing this it hit me that this might be a side effect of the 4-day work week. By the time I get back to work on Monday morning, I have lost the momentum that I had going the previous week. I think I will try writing down the priorities for the following week before I leave on Thursday evenings. I'll let you know how this works out for me.

No comments: