Thursday, August 06, 2009

Tightest Arm Award? Letting Go.

All these years of defying the ergonomics lady, not using a keyboard tray, refusing to sit with my feet on the ground, knitting and crocheting have finally taken it's toll. I guess sleeping on my side hasn't helped either. I have given up and made a visit to the chiropractor to see if she can rid me of the numbness, tingling and pain I have in my right arm and shoulder. She told me I definitely had the tightest arm she had felt. (I sort of wanted to be proud of that but then realized it hurt too much.) Anyway, I sense some changes in the computer set up at work coming and I'm not happy about that BUT it's better than the pain, numbness and tingling that's been going on around here for a few days.

Last week I finished the Summer Scabbard, blocked it and brought it in to it's intended recipient. She had been trying it on throughout the knitting process to make sure it was fitting well (it's knit from the top down.) When she put it on after blocking, it was huge! I say huge because it was so very different from the way it had fit during knitting. Rather than being a relatively close fitting sweater, it turned into a drapey one. I was horrified. Yikes, what had happened. I went back and read the pattern...it said block it. I had used the yarn recommended (silk)...I had blocked silk before, what happened? I tried to figure out if I could "fix" it and she graciously let me. Luckily I sat and stared at the sweater, pondered it's existence and state of being and decided that I really didn't need to mess it up even more. My friend likes it the way it is. She likes that it will be very cool to wear out on a date. She's thrilled that I made it for her because no one has ever done that before. There you go....Lesson Learned.

No comments: