Saturday, August 15, 2009

(Not so) Young and Restless

Restless....ants in my pants. That describes my mood today. My question is why? I feel this way every once in a while and I always just muddle my way through. Well, I need to look at this some more. Why do I just wake up feeling restless and bored.

My thoughts:
  1. While I say I am fine being by myself, and most of the time I am, there are times when I don't want to be by myself.
  2. I haven't been able to knit for the past two weeks and it really did fill up a lot of my time. It also was the way I relaxed and focused. I know that if I want to get back to knitting, I can't just break the rules, knit and re-injure my arm.
  3. I am frustrated with my arm situation. Yesterday morning I got up and felt great. No pain, no numbness and it had been that way for a few days. I had a chiropractic treatment and as of last night, I was back in pain and was having numbness & tingling.
  4. So, while those are all the situational things, what are the other things that are going on? I'm pretty sure some of what I'm feeling is overwhelmed. I need to do some reorganizing and purging in my room and I really don't want to. I know I need to get rid of a lot of stuff. That is a little anxiety producing.
  5. I'm a bit concerned about this big project at work and I want to just "get it fixed" but I need to go through the process of working within the system.

Okay, that's enough.

1 comment:

C. Cowley said...

"I feel this way every once in a while and I always just muddle my way through."

Nailed it. I occassionally get that restless, out of sorts straight out of bed feeling as well, and have a hard time putting my finger on the reason, so muddle through the day as you say. Every once in a while I can figure out the source, and shazam! not so restless.

Take care of that arm. Sound just like an injured athlete who can't do his/her thing. Hope you can get back in the knitting game soon.