Sunday, April 09, 2006

Life Got Crazy Real Fast!

In the course of one week, life had become a little intense and nuts. I have accepted a job in California.....Yipee, it's a cool job (I hope) and an amazing opportunity. BUT....now the games have just begun!


  • Resigning from my current job......You would think you write a letter, give it to your boss, talk about a potential plan for transitioning your responsibilities (being a department of one, that's a bit tricky) and you would just go on trying to get things tied up. Well, not so.....I have spent the remainder of the week explaining everything over and over and over again about what I am going to do, where am I going to live, and so on, and so on, and so on. That being said, I will miss all these people and that's what makes the explaining so difficult.
  • Move my stuff or have a garage sale? This is a decision worth some thought. It's very expensive to move my stuff but....it's my stuff. It would be fun to have new things and not have to move all the junk out there to store in a closet. I'm leaning towards the big garage sale.

Some of My Stuff in Storage.....My sister wanted measurements of some of the furniture way back on the right hand side.......Here they are......some is not so big, and some is a little bigger. What can I say?

  • Cat Transportation Have you ever really sat down to think about moving a cat all the way across the country? While Misty doesn't mind riding in the car, I'm not sure 10 hours a day for 4 days is exactly her idea of fun. I'm seriously considering flying her out after I arrive......4 hours of aggravation for her or 4 days. You choose!

In case you were thinking there really isn't that much stuff in the storage room....here are a few more pictures:


1 comment:

C. Cowley said...

Congrats on the job!
Now, the tough decisions and fun that comes with moving.
That's a lucky cat.

Oh, fyi, I think there is a way to (settings?) force people to register in order to make comments - eliminating spam coments.