Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mom's Off Playing Tennis and I've Got the Dogs....


There's a pile of fur beside me that looks to be two dogs. One is the unflappable Miss Maggie (note the cute picture in the previous post) and the other is the ever serious and responsible (it's really tough being the oldest dog you know) Mr. McGregor. They are a wee bit upset because Mom left with suitcases today and that never bodes well for them. They do not like change and they really don't like when the humans are missing. (They really aren't going to like tomorrow!)


Maggie, McGregor and Mom (She's in the Blue)

So, Mom's off on the first of two Regional Tennis Tournaments in Daytona Beach!!!!
This is the ladies 3.0 Super Seniors. The team came in first in this district and hopefully will come in first in the region. I'll be heading to Daytona Saturday morning to cheer her and the rest of the team on.

The next Daytona trip is in May. She gets to take her own (she's the cap'n you know) ladies 3.0 Senior team to Daytona. That team goes as the undefeated (18 straight matches) champs in this District. They are going to be tough to beat. You have no idea how competitive these "senior" women can be. Anyway, at yesterday's USTA luncheon, Mom got a great trophy for leading the undefeated team. Wicked Cool, eh?


That's it....One official YOU ARE WAY COOL trophy


Now, for a little move update. The airline ticket is purchased.....Misty and I will be flying to California. I just didn't think I could deal with the drive for 4 or 5 days with the cat. I just booked the auto transport company. I didn't know it was so reasonable. I am very impressed. I am just hoping I have my car back in time to be shipped. You see, I took it for it's 10000 mile service (never mind that the odometer read 12, 578...I've been busy.) Things were going along nicely. I got a call around 8:30 AM telling me they were done with my car. I said I would be in after work to pick it up. After lunch I had a voicemail asking me to call about my car. "HMMMMMMM this does not sound good," I think. I bravely pick up the phone and call the dealer and after a few minutes of their favorite game of transfer, transfer, who can lose the caller, I finally got to someone who thought they might talk to me. It seems that, somehow, as everyone was just minding their own business, while my car was allegedly parked in their lot, someone ran into it! EXCUSE ME! Did you say someone ran into it?????? "Why yes, we just wanted you to know we will have a loaner car for you until yours is fixed," they say. Surprisingly, I was okay with all that. I actually only started to freak out after they told me the car wouldn't be ready until late next week. I know there's plenty of time to get my car back and get it to California but that just seems to be pushing it a little. When the reasonable part of my brain kicks back in, I'll let you know.

Until then, it's off to DAYTONA!

No comments: