Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day Two...How Long Can I Keep This Up?

The project at work is coming along well. I am thrilled that I'm going to be able to work with some people that I haven't had the opportunity to work closely with in the past.

I was noticing today how I respond to some people without even thinking about it. I don't mean I'm not paying attention to what I'm saying. I mean that I have a reaction to some individuals that is automatic. Why do I do that? Is it some sort of protective mechanism? I have also noticed that some of my previously passive aggressive tendencies have slipped back into my repertoire. I notice that when I begin to doubt myself that these characteristics start to creep into my everyday life. I know that my confidence has been shaken lately, that I've had some disappointments that push the "I'm really not good enough.....you think way too much of yourself" button. That's a big one for me. I need to work through this but I'm not sure exactly how to do this right now. I'm going to have to think about this some more.

Well, there it is. Today's ramblations....(I think I just made that word up.)

1 comment:

cowleyb said...

I am glad to see you writing again!