Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Detest Days Like Today

Today was one of those days when I had back to back to back meetings starting at 9:30 thru to 5 PM. (There was a 1/2 hr break in there somewhere.) It's not that I detest the meetings per se because I really do enjoy hearing others ideas and coming up with new thoughts of my own, getting the work done, etc. What I really don't like very much is that by the time the 3rd or 4th meeting rolls around, my ability to really focus and concentrate is very low. You know how Outlook or in our case Lotus Notes (yes, really) just looks for free time to schedule meetings and people just keep filling up the empty space? I think that after two or three meetings are scheduled in one day, a warning should pop telling the scheduler that "the mental capacity for Mary Pat has been reached. If you request her presence at this meeting, please know that her brain activity, ability to concentrate and contributions may be limited."

No comments: