Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Think I Should Stop Counting the Days

Well, I'm thinking that this self reflection kick I've been on might be waning a bit. I found an interesting article from Harvard Business Review on the Dangers of Feeling Like a Fake. It caught my eye because for many years Mom & I have joked about being a part of the "fake it" family. It talked about people being very successful at work and yet feeling like they were going to be found out for not really knowing what they are doing. It's also not an uncommon phenomena and like anything else, there are varying degrees of it. It's given me a lot to think about (which by the way, I am really tired of doing these days) and to be more aware of. It is a lifelong journey and I realize that I can't be complacent about that anymore. I really want to be aware of these types of things and intentionally act differently.

The weekend has been a good one so far. Saw Harry Potter on Friday night. It was really good. It's fascinating to see how the characters have grown up and aged. Yesterday, I went to San Diego to just do something different. It took TWO hours to get there. The traffic on I-5 was bumper to bumper from about Camp Pendelton to around Mission Beach. There were a few places where it lightened up but it was a bit ridiculous for a Saturday. Thank goodness it didn't take that long to get back to OC. The harbor area is absolutely beautiful...so many sail boats.

Today was manicure/pedicure day. It's nice to have someone take sandpaper to my feet to get rid of the calluses - even if it is temporary. I'm now going to either do work work or knit a swatch to practice kitchner stitch. I'm almost done with the sweater and the hem is done with a kitchner stitch to bind off. I've never done it before so I thought I'd practice first. It would really stink if I got to the bottom of this sweater (it's knit from the top down...one of the best ways to knit a sweater in my opinion) only to screw up the bind off.

That's it for today.

No comments: