Thursday, July 16, 2009

Days Three and Four

How in the world did it get to be Thursday? Also, how in the world has it been 40 years since the landing on the moon? I remember being in the family room on Myer Terrace watching that. Wow!

So, someone said to me yesterday that the times when I am doing excellent work are the times I feel the worst about myself. I do think there's an element of truth in that. It's an odd sort of conundrum that I need to ponder some more but I know that I do have a hard time when people tell me that something is successful because of my work or that I did an excellent job at something. I mean, I am proud of the work I do but there's some sort of goofy Catholic guilt that comes in to play where I hear in the back of my head that pride is a bad thing. Geez....I thought I had worked through a bunch of this before. Maybe it's all a progression. I had worked through what I could in the past, now I'm ready to work on more. Does it ever get easier?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this weekend. I'm having the much needed "Gray Be Gone" day tomorrow. I always look forward to that. I'll be seeing Harry Potter tomorrow evening. I have some work to do.....not sure what else. I keep thinking that I might need to go to the beach and do some reading this weekend. We'll see. There's always knitting.

1 comment:

into my 60s said...

Well, this is one reader who really thinks you are a great writer, and WAY too hard on yourself, and yes, there's no easy way to turn that off.

I find your analysis of the difference between twitter and facebook and blooging helpful. I haven't bitten the bullet and tried either of them. But then, I'm a dinosaur, who is ignoring the fact that it is harder to keep blogging. Change, it's hard.